If you’re one of the many new hot tub owners, you probably have a few questions popping up. We know that these tubs cost less than the traditional tubs. So, it is a good option with features similar to traditional tubs. Besides, it acts as a portable hot tub.
Whether you want to spend time with your friends or family, a hot tub is a warm place to gather. It is also useful to relieve stress and receive hydrotherapy. So, if you have inflatable hot tubs or are planning to buy one, you should learn how to take proper care of the inflatable tub.
Since it’s important to provide proper ground for inflatable hot tubs, we have some ideas to help you.
Inflatable Hot Tub Base Ideas
Before picking a base for your inflatable hot tub, you need to make sure that the surface you choose for the portable hot tub is level, durable, and solid. There should be no uneven ground.
Grass is a popular choice to use as a base for inflatable hot tubs. It is because of the soft texture, which gives easy cushioning to the blow up hot tub. However, it is important to note that grass doesn’t provide perfect heat insulation.
So, we suggest putting a ground cloth underneath. You can also use an insulated ground mat underneath the hot tub.
Ensure that the area under the blow up hot tubs is free from sharp stones and broken glass. Besides, keeping your hot tub on grass can leave a mark due to the hot tub’s weight. So, choose the ground mat or air mat accordingly.
Poured Concrete Spa Pad
If you don’t want the mark the grass can leave on the tub area, you can choose a concrete pad. It is a great option for the base of your inflatable hot tub. However, you should make sure that the area is a flat spot for the poured concrete pad.
Moreover, you can hire an expert to do the job for you.
While you choose the concrete pad for the hot tub base, make sure it is thick enough to provide proper support. Also, make the area slightly bigger than the hot tub.
Hot Tub Pads
If you plan to keep your inflatable hot tub outdoor and indoor according to the weather, you can choose to use a hot tub pad as a base. It is highly effective and requires little maintenance. Besides, you can quickly set up the tub pads due to their light weight.
This method requires minimal expense, and switching the location of the inflatable hot tub becomes easier with the hot tub pads. It is important to note though that indoor tubs can cause a mess!
Bestseller No. 1
CosySpa Hot Tub Flooring Protector - Spa Floor Mat | Hot Tub Accessories | Foam Ground Sheet for Outdoor Hot Tubs | Interlocking Patio Tiles Outdoor | Hot Tub Mat (1/4" Thickness)
- HOT TUB FLOOR TILES - To protect your portable tub, the CosySpa interlocking outdoor flooring sits beneath your portable spa. [Includes 21x foam outdoor tiles + 1x small mat for the pump].
- SPA BASE MATTING - This outdoor floor mat offers protection from rough ground, creating a non-slip, easy-to-clean foam stepping surface and reducing the debris entering your hot tub spa.
- EFFICIENT OUTDOOR FLOORING - Designed to sit beneath your inflatable spa, the interlocking floor tiles help to insulate your portable hot tub and reduce heat loss for best energy efficiency.
- EASY-CONNECT FOAM - The 21 interlocking foam flooring tiles simply slot together to form a circular floor pad for your rigid or inflatable hot tub, with an extra square piece to protect the hot tub pump.
- 2X THICKNESS OPTIONS - The outdoor tile pieces are available in 2x thicknesses: 1/4" and 1/2". The thicker option ensures greater levels of insulation & durability.
Bestseller No. 3
Confer SP3248 Handi Spa Hot Tub Deck Foundation Plastic Resin Base Pad (3 Pack)
- QUALITY HOT TUB BASE: Eliminate the need to pour costly concrete and time-consuming installation. Protect the underside of your hot tub or spa and speed up installation with these durable base pad mats
- SIZE: Each mat measures 32 x 48 inches; 6 pads create an 8 x 8-foot pad
- EASILY CONNECTED: Pads quickly lock together with built-in connectors for greater strength and reduced shifting
- VERSATILE: Versatility allows it to be used under pool filter equipment, plastic sheds, under trash cans and inside the garage
- MATERIAL: Made of durable, weatherproof, high-density polyethylene resin. Easy to clean, just wash away dirt with any garden hose
Another base that you can use for your inflatable hot tub is crushed gravel. It is okay to use a loose gravel base in your backyard to provide a solid foundation. You should ensure that the thickness of the crushed gravel is at least four inches.
If you prefer tiles, you have three types to choose from.
If you do not wish to spend a lot of money on the base, your cheapest option is foam tiles. You can easily interlock these tiles. Besides, the foam keeps a hot tub well-insulated while giving comfort and water resistance.
SaleBestseller No. 1
BalanceFrom Puzzle Exercise Mat with High Quality EVA Foam Interlocking Tiles, Black, All (BFPM-01BLK)
- Protective workout flooring: Durable, non-skid textured tiles protect floors while creating a comfortable workout space
- Easy assembly: Lightweight puzzle pieces connect quickly and easily, and can be disassembled just as simply for quick storage
- Versatile: The water-and noise-resistant design is easy-to-clean, great for use in garages, gyms, home fitness rooms, or children’s play areas
- Covers 24 square feet: Each tile measures 24” x 24” x ½”- thick from the highest point of the texture; Includes 6 tiles and 12 end borders for a polished look
- High quality foam: High-density EVA foam provides excellent support and cushion; Contains no toxic phthalates
Bestseller No. 2
Yes4All Interlocking Exercise Foam Mats – Cover 24, 48 & 120 SqFt (Multi-Color) (G. 24 Square Feet (12 Tiles) - Dark Oak Wood)
- 12 TILES COVER 48 SQ. FT: Include 12 tiles. Each tile measures 24”L x 24”W x 7/16”thick – Thick from the highest point of the texture
- DURABLE AND NON SLIP: The non-skid textured and shock-absorbing surface provides a soft feeling when exercising on, best for comfortable workout area – a combination of high-density EVA foam mat and exercise mat for excellent support and cushion
- EASY 5 MINUTE ASSEMBLY: Lightweight puzzle pieces can be connected and disassembled easily in less than 5 minutes. Great for home gym, fitness gym, garages coverage or children’s play areas
- PROTECTIVE WORKOUT FLOORING: Give yourself shock-absorbing comfort when doing Yoga, Pilates, CrossFit or weightlifting Yes4All Interlocking Mats can also be used to create a soft and anti-slip floor while camping or playing
- EASY TO CLEAN: The water-resistant and noise-reducing design is easy to clean. The moisture-resistant technology and high-quality material make the mat easy to wash with soap and water
Bestseller No. 3
ProsourceFit Puzzle Exercise Mat ½”, EVA Foam Interlocking Tiles Protective Flooring for Gym Equipment and Cushion for Workouts, Black 144 Square Feet
- PROTECTIVE EXERCISE FLOORING - Durable, non-skid textured tiles protect floors while creating a comfortable workout space
- EASY ASSEMBLY – Lightweight interlocking foam tiles connect quickly and easily, and can be disassembled just as simply for quick storage
- VERSATILE – The water-resistant and noise-reducing design is easy-to-clean, great for use in garages, gyms, home fitness rooms, or even children’s play areas
- COVERS 144 SQ. FT. - Each tile measures 24”x24”x ½” (2ftx2ftx½"); 3 sets to choose from for different space needs, select packs of 12 tiles with 24 borders (48 SQ FT) or 36 tiles with 72 borders (144 SQ FT) for a polished look.
- HIGH QUALITY FOAM - High-density EVA foam provides excellent support and cushion; Contains NO toxic phthalates. Excellent alternative to rubber floor mats.
Various luxurious hotels prefer the wooden deck for the base of hot tubs. It is important to note that these tiles provide a level and solid surface while ensuring memorable moments. You can quickly install the wooden deck without any expert help. You can also redesign an existing deck.
Bestseller No. 1
PANDAHOME 22 PCS Wood Plastic Composite Patio Deck Tiles, 12”x12” Interlocking Decking Tiles, Water Resistant for Indoor & Outdoor, 22 sq. ft - Brazilian Ipe
- 【COMPREHENSIVE USAGE】PANDAHOME offers quality composite products to enhance your living experience. Genuine wood-plastic composite finish, greater for indoor & outdoor application than natural wood. It is easier to refresh your patio, covered patio, deck, fire pit, outdoor kitchen, poolside, lanai, gazebo, etc. Slip resistant design. Matching End Trim & Corner Trim, Please search B08G2C11D8.
- 【PERFECT MATERIAL】All of our products feature unique technology, protects the materials from rotting, fading, staining, scratching and various other issues associated with traditional wood decking. The tiles are exceptionally durable and won’t warp, crack, split or bend. You won’t have to worry about drainage issues either, as the grid attached to the bottom of the tiles allows water to drain properly.
- 【DIY FRIENDLY】Our decking tiles are a great choice if you’re interested in tackling a day project on your own instead of paying a professional to build a deck over several days. All new click-in-place decking option that is amazing for both beginners and experienced DIYers. The tiles feature an interlocking base that allows you to simply snap them together.
- 【UPGRADED INSTALLATION】You can place deck tiles on any hard surface like concrete, wood floor or on the carpet. Thanks to their four-way interlocking abilities, you can put the tiles in any orientation you like. You may start on the tiles at the ends of the deck and then work your way inside. Once you’ve connected all the deck tiles, you can install trim to give your deck a more finished look. The tile can be cropped into various shape and size to fit it around a corner or a pole.
- 【MAINTENANCE-FREE】The decking tiles are waterproof, rigid and very stable product for outdoors. It would be in perfect condition despite heavy foot traffic from people or pets without wood-oil care.
SaleBestseller No. 2
Topeakmart 27PCS Interlocking Wood Floor Tiles Outdoor Wooden Flooring 12 x 12in Natural Wood
- Wide applicability: These wood flooring tiles are great for house renovation and patio design. You can pave these tiles on any hard surface like cement, wood floor or even on the carpet. Due to its good quality and durability, they can be applied to both indoors and outdoors, like the deck, poolside, balcony, gazebo, greenhouse, bathroom, etc.
- Interlocking design: These wooden floor tiles have interlocking snaps at the bottom for easy installation and better ventilation. The edge of the floor can be spliced freely with buckle and groove to be a continuous piece.
- Low maintenance required: This high-quality wood flooring tiles are built to last for years without much care and maintenance. Floor decking makes it easy to refresh your terrace or balcony.
- Tight connection of indoor wood flooring tiles: Each fir wood plank is securely attached to the plastic base with tapping screws, which better makes the wood and base connected more tightly to avoid cracking, and extend the service life.
- Easy to use: You just snap these fir wood pieces together and place them wherever you want, or detach the tiles for cleaning and storing. The tiles can be cut if you need to fit it around a corner or a pole.
Bestseller No. 3
Yaheetech 27PCS Interlocking Wooden Flooring Patio Deck Tiles Solid Wood Tiles Outdoor 12 x 12in Dark Brown
- ❀ Quick and easy assembly: The interlocking design makes it quick and easy to assemble these wooden tiles. They have interlocking snaps on the back, no tools required. Just simply snap them together and place them wherever you want.
- ❀ Wide applicability: The 27pcs fir wood flooring tiles are great building materials for a house renovation or patio designs. You can place these tiles on any hard surface like cement, wood floor or on the carpet. Due to its good quality and durability, they can be applied to both indoors and outdoors, like the deck, poolside, balcony, gazebo, greenhouse, bathroom, etc.
- ❀ Pack of 27pcs: Each pack contains 27pcs tiles which can cover an area of about 27square feet/2.5m². Before you order, it is suggested to take the measurements for the place you intend to put the tiles.
- ❀ Safe wood building materials: Fully sanded tiles prevent any undesired injury caused by wood splinters. Grooves on each wood slat increase friction and decrease the accidental skidding when the tiles are wet. Also, the plastic base rises the wood board up to allow adequate drainage and ventilation.
- ❀ Tight connection: Each fir wood plank is securely attached to the plastic base by tapping screws, which better makes the board and base connected tightly to avoid cracking, and extend the service life.
If you prefer customization and flexibility, plastic tiles will suit the hot tub area.
Bestseller No. 1
HOZEON 8 PCS 11.8 Inches Interlocking Rugged Grip-Loc Deck Floor Tiles,Modular Interlocking Cushion, Non-Slip Floor Tile Mats for Pool Shower Sauna Bath Deck Patio Garage Wet Area
- PREMIUM PVC - The anti slip floor mat is made of high-quality PVC, sturdy and durable, non-slip, safe and healthy, can be bent, very suitable for use in any wet areas, such as swimming pools, bathrooms, changing rooms, sauna, pet areas and so on.
- UNIQUE DESIGN - The grid design of the waffle has strong drainage and can prevent people from slipping or falling in wet areas. Non-slip drainage mat has reliable slip resistance and is very safe. It is very safe even when walking barefoot on the anti slip floor mat without wearing shoes. In addition, it can reduce the accumulation of moisture and dirt, making it very clean and healthy.
- EASY TO INSTALL, CLEAN AND CUT - The wet area floor mat is easy to install, just buckle the product together, no tools or glue, very convenient. The product is also easy to clean, just clean it with a brush and soap. In addition, the product can be easily cut with a utility knife to fit any size of space.
- WIDE RANGE OF USES - The multifunctional modular interlocking cushion is an excellent choice for any wet or slippery environment, and can be used indoors and outdoors. The product is very suitable for use in swimming pools, showers, saunas, fitness areas, pet areas, decks, changing rooms and other areas. You will love it!
- SATISFIED SERVICE - Our integrity is supreme and we attach great importance to product quality and customer satisfaction. We offer 30 days’ money back guarantee. If you have any question with our anti slip floor mat, please feel free to contact us for details.
Bestseller No. 2
Big Floors DT40BEIG DuraGrid Outdoor Modular Interlocking Multi-Use Plastic Deck Tile, 40 Pack, Beige
- PERFECT RESURFACING SOLUTION: Deck Tile is the perfect cost-effective alternative for resurfacing worn out surfaces around your pool, patio, garden or an old deck. Great for indoor use in mud rooms and basements too!
- DURABLE AND BUILT TO LAST: This product is designed to withstand extensive UV exposure, high foot traffic, and water exposure. The free-draining design allows water to drain and dry quickly.
- QUICK AND EASY INSTALLATION: Deck Tile modular tiles are easy to install. The interlocking tiles simply snap together – no tools or glues required – and provide a high-end look with exceptional floor protection.
- SELF-DRAINING AND SLIP RESISTANT: These tiles are designed to create maximum airflow and drainage for your floor. The free-draining design allows water to drain quickly, and the slip-resistant surface adds a level of traction keeping you safe from slipping.
- EASY TO CLEAN: Deck Tile is low maintenance and easy to clean. Just simply spray down the tiles with a hose and the self-draining design will allow the surface to dry quickly, eliminating standing water issues.
Bestseller No. 3
Annurssy 6 Pack Interlocking Deck Tiles 12” x 12” Wood Plastic Composites Decking Tiles Waterproof Corrosion Resistance for Walkway Balcony Patio Deck Indoor & Outdoor Flooring (6, Brown Wood Grain)
- Our deck flooring tiles are made of wood-plastic composites, which is exceptionally durable and won’t rot, fade, warp, crack, split or bend. Maintenance-free and easy to clean, greater for indoor & outdoor application than traditional wood decking tiles.
- Our deck flooring tiles has a simple, beautiful, non-slip design. It's really perfect for patios, covered patio, deck, fire pit, balconies, around pools, saunas, showers, sun rooms, mud rooms, lanai, gazebo, etc. and it is also easy to clean with a broom and water hose.
- The platform base of flooring tiles can protect and prolonging the life of the tiles, also offer adequate drainage space and prevent moisture. There have 144 contact points under the base provide stability and evenly weight distribution and less noisy.
- Easy to Install: These deck flooring tiles have an interlocking design base, 4 directions can be freely combined. Easy DIY installation with no skill and no tools required. Perfect match and precision spacing between every tile.
- Package Includes: 6 pcs deck flooring tiles. When you are ready to place your order, calculate the square footage needed for your project and round up for the full box count needed (6 sq.ft per 6 pcs). We recommend ordering 10-15% extra for balance.
Things to Consider When Picking a Location for your Inflatable Hot Tub
There is no doubt that inflatable spas make you feel homely and relaxed. However, it would help if you did proper planning for the best location in your home to put the hot tub. Here are a few simple but important tips that you need to think over while choosing a suitable space for the hot tub.
Easy to Maintain and Access
While you enjoy the inflatable spa in your hot tub, you want to make sure that you have quick access to a changing room. So, putting the tub far away in the garden is not the best option.
Ensure a convenient distance between your changing room and inflatable spa, as your privacy is important. Besides, make sure that your inflatable hot tub is easy to reach in case of bad weather. Thus, the maintenance can be quick.
If you use the inflatable hot tub regularly, make sure that you put it near the drainage area or make a special drainage space for the blow up hot tub. It is an important factor to consider since the hot tub can sometimes leak or overflow. You do not want hot water all over your beautiful garden.
We advise switching off the jets or therapy pumps with the control panel to save electricity. Besides, when there is water in the inflatable hot tubs, keeping the circulation pump running is suggested. There is a heating and pump system available for the portable hot tubs. So, there will be no electricity heating.
Hot tubs offer reasonable thermal protection. However, some factors affect water temperature. It includes bubble jets from the outside. So, install the tub in a shallow space.
We hope that the above idea can help you install your newly brought inflatable hot tub efficiently and effectively. The experience will help you destress and relax while ensuring comfort.
So, enjoy your time while reading a book or sipping some wine in the inflatable hot tub. If you have other base ideas for inflatable hot tubs, please comment below.